We believe there’s more than enough good to go around.
Giving is in our DNA
Throughout our 180-year history, we have responded to our community’s needs whenever and however we are needed the most. We adapt, lean in and take care of one another because doing good is in our DNA. We believe that by being good, doing good and spreading good, we all do better – together.
Our Social Impact Strategy has been administered by the Gore Mutual Foundation since 1998, and our focus has continued to evolve to meet the ever-changing needs in our communities.
The Equity Acceleration Fund
Over the past 25 years, Gore Mutual Foundation has donated over $10M to 300 charities across Canada. In celebration of our Foundation’s anniversary, Gore Mutual is excited to announce the launch of The Equity Acceleration Fund. This $1M granting in 2023 will supports initiatives that are focused on the interconnectivity that exists between poverty, equity, and climate change.
Working alongside charitable partners, our broker partners and employees we will invest our resources and time to change the tides for the most vulnerable within our communities through our Foundation’s three granting streams which can be found here:
Strategic Charitable Partners
For charities and non-profit organizations wanting to partner with us in programs, initiatives and capacity building in the areas we have identified as priorities. Learn more.
Circle of Good Employee program
We want to support the charities and causes that are important to our colleagues. Therefore, we have a Circle of Good Employee program that has various initiatives to support our employees in the charitable work they are doing in their communities. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brokers for Good program
For many years, Gore Mutual has supported the charitable work of our Broker Partners. Through our new Social Impact Strategy, the company will continue to do so, through a dedicated Brokers for Good program. Apply now.
Areas of focus
Through the insights of our employees, and the changing tides for the most vulnerable within our communities, we are excited to announce our new Social Impact Strategy, in alignment with our Purpose framework pillar, Spread Good.
Our Social Impact Strategy is focused on supporting three of the 17 United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals:
Our Social Impact Strategy
Gore Mutual’s three areas of focus and giving are climate change, poverty, and equity. See how these areas come together to create our Social Impact Strategy.
In order to be very targeted in how we use our granting process to create the biggest impact in our communities, we have created a listing of eligibility.
See below for eligibility to apply for our charitable granting:
- Organizations that are Canadian-registered charities or qualified donees
- Projects or programs that take place in communities where Gore Mutual has a business presence
- Charitable organizations that provide direct community benefit
- Programs with measurable social outcomes
We do not fund
- Advertising or promotional campaigns
- Animal welfare organizations
- Capital/building projects
- Conferences or golf tournaments
- Endowment or memorial campaigns
- Medical research/hospitals
- Organizations with values, purposes, policies or practices in conflict with our values
- Political organizations
- Private (fee-based) elementary or secondary schools
- Private or corporate foundations
- Religious or sectarian programs or purposes, unless they are engaged in a significant project benefiting the entire community
- Sports and recreation teams (unless they are a qualified donee)
- Trade associations, advocacy organizations, chambers of commerce and professional organizations
We will continue to provide updates as we work through our Purpose strategy. If you have questions, email us at email@example.com.